TRI.NET ("T-R-I-dot-net") is a new application developed by EPA to help you analyze Toxics Release Inventory (TRI) information. This application is capable of easily and quickly performing complex queries to help you understand TRI information. It is especially useful for analysts who need a highly interactive environment in order to refine their queries and analyses in an efficient and productive way. TRI.NET makes heavy use of mashups using the latest mapping technologies to help visualize where TRI releases are occurring.
TRI.NET has a number of powerful features that can enhance TRI query results. These features include:
- Maps - You can map facilities in your results using Google Maps, Google Earth, or Virtual Earth.
- My TRI Neighborhood - You can limit your results to facilities located within a specified distance of an address.
- Drill Down - You can quickly retrieve additional details about a row in your results.
- Advanced Trends - You can quickly view year-to-year changes to spot trends and isolate changes.
- EPA Reports - You can find reports for the facilities in your results in other EPA data systems.
- Data Layers - Additional data layers allow TRI data to be analyzed with respect to other factors such as Environmental Justice, Chemical Toxicity, and Tribal and U.S. Mexico Border geographies.